Historic Plattsburg Missouri

Cemeteries

Plattsburg has four cemeteries: The City Cemetery, Greenlawn, Calvary, and Mount Washington. All four cemeteries date back to the 1800's.

 
City Cemetery
(area depicted in purple)

This is the oldest of the four cemeteries and is managed by the City of Plattsburg.  Persons of interest buried here include Captain John Turney who was killed during the 1864 Battle of Plattsburg. This cemetery no longer accepts new gravesites.

Greenlawn Cemetery
(area depicted in green)

This is the largest of all the cemeteries and is managed by a non-profit Board.  Several political persons of interest are buried here, including David Rice Atchison. 


Calvary Cemetery
(area depicted in turquoise)

Managed by St. Ann's Parrish, initially this cemetery was only open to those of the Catholic faith, however, it is now open to the general public.

Mount Washington Cemetery
(area depicted in orange)


This cemetery was originally designated for those persons of African American descent.  It has since become open to the general public.  It is managed by a non-profit Board.
Related Links:
Greenlawn Cemetery